What is a cookie?
Cookies are small files that some platforms, such as web pages, can install on your computer. Its functions can be very varied: store your navigation preferences, gather statistical information, enable certain technical features… Sometimes cookies are used to store basic information about the habits of user navigation or its equipment, to the point, to be able to recognize it.
Why are they important?
Cookies are useful for several reasons. From a technical standpoint, they allow to Web pages, work more flexible and tailored to your preferences, such as store your language or the currency of your country. They also help those responsible for the website to improve its services, thanks to the statistical information collected through them.
Which cookies are we using?
– Technical Cookies: Those that allow the user to navigate through a web page or application platform and the use of different options or services it exist, as identify the session , access or restricted access, share content through social networks…
– Customization Cookies: Are those that allow the user to access the service with some general features predefined in your terminal or that the user defines. For example , the language, the type of browser through which you access the service, the selected content design , geolocation terminal and locale where you can access the service.
– Statistical analysis Cookies: Are those that allow us to quantify the number of visitors and a statistical analysis about users of our services. This enables us to study the web site navigation and improve the supply of products or services we offer. In this case, we use Google Analytics and Google Adwords cookies.
– Third party Cookies: Are those that are sent to the user device, from a computer or domain that is not managed by us, but by another entity, which process the data obtained.
How to set cookies in the browser?
The most current browsers allow users to configure whether to accept cookies and which ones. These settings are usually found in the ‘Options’ or ‘Preferences’ menu of your browser. These are the instructions to set cookies in the major browsers:
– Chrome: Tools → Set up → Show advanced options → Content set up → Cookies → Block site data and third party cookies.
– Firefox: Tools → Options → Privacy → Record file → Use a personalised set up for the record file (deselect all boxes).
– Internet Explorer: Tools → Internet Options → Privacy → Set up for the Internet area (raise the navigation bar until all cookies are blocked).
– Safari: Edition → Preferences → Privacy → Block cookies (select “always”).
– Opera: Menu → Set up → Privacy and security → Section cookies (select Block third party cookies and site data).
Users can revoke their consent to using cookies on their browser by following the indications above.
Users must take into account that some content features on the web page are only available if cookies are accepted on your browser. If you decide to accept or block certain cookies (depending on their purpose), this may affect, either wholly or partially, the normal operation of the web page or prevent access to some of its services.